Boeing B-17G-105-VE/c.n. 8693/124485/DF-A/SallyB & Memphis Belle/(44-85784)(G-BEDF)
JUN 1945 - Built by Lockheed-Vega, Burbank, and accepted into the United States Army Air Force as 44-85784. Too late for WWII, flown to Nashville for conversion and modification for training purposes.
NOV 1945 - Re-designated as a TB-17G, flown to Wright Field and the 2750th Air Base group.
1949 - Selected as a research aircraft for various trials and re-designated as an EB-17G.
1950 - Leased from the USAF by General Electric Flight Training Centre, New York.
1954 - Flown to Hill AFB and converted back to a standard B-17G and struck off charge.
NOV 1954 - Acquired by the Institut Geographic National (IGN), France and registered as F-GBSR
and based at Creil.
MAR 1975 - Acquired by Ted White, registered as N17TE and based at IWM Duxford.
AUG 1976 - Re-registered as G-BEDF.