DUXFORDfotoGALLERY

Hangar 4 (North)

Due to airframes being static, images here will be changed from time to time to show them at a different angle

Gloster Javelin F(AW)9/XH897

DECEMBER 1958

Delivered to No19 Maintenance Unit, RAF St Athan as a F(AW)7.

MARCH 1959

No25 Sqn, RAF Waterbeach.

APRIL 1960

Converted at Glosters' from F(AW)7to F(AW)9.

NOVEMBER 1960

Returned to No19 MU.

JANUARY 1961

No33 Sqn, RAF Middleton-St-George.

NOVEMBER 1962

No5 Sqn.

OCTOBER 1963

No27 MU, RAF Shawbury.

1964

No5 Sqn.

JULY 1965 - APRIL 1968

On loan to the Ministry of Aviation, Filton.

APRIL 1968

Sold to the Ministry of Technology.

JANUARY 1975

Retired from the A&AEE, boscombe Down and flown into IWM Duxford.

Housed in the North side of hangar 4, one of the original World War 1 Belfast Truss Hangars, is part of the Imperial War Museum

Vickers Varsity T1/WJ945/21/(Cn:619)(G-BEVD)

Varsity

FEBRUARY 1953

First flight at Hurn

MARCH 1953

Delivered to the RAF and then flew with

No527, 116 and 115 Sqn, RAF Watton.

No115 Sqn, RAF Tangmere

Central Flying School, RAF Little Rissington.

Air Electronics & Air Engineers School, RAF Topcliff.

No5 FTS, RAF Oakington.

Central Flying School, RAF Cranwell.

OCTOBER 1974

Flown into Duxford.

JULY 1976

Placed on the civilian register as G-BEDV and was flown from time to time at Duxford.

JUNE 1989

Registration cancelled by the CAA.

HANGAR 4: NORTH

 

McDonnald Douglas Phantom FGR.2/T/XV474

Mikoyan MiG 21/Hungarian 501

Vickers Varsity T.1/WJ945/21/(G-BEDV)

Insert body text here ...

Insert body text here ...

Hawker Hunter F.6A/T/XE627

Percival Proctor III/LZ766/(G-ALCK)