Having rolled of the Castle Bromwich production line in 1943, MJ271 first went to 33MU, Lyneham in October 1943 before moving on to 132 Sqdn, Ford. Following repairs from a flying accident, MJ271 moved on to 401(RCAF) Sqdn in November 1944 for operations in the Netherlands operating out of Volkel and Heesch airfields. Moved to No 410 Repair & Salvage Unit, RAF Tangmere in December 1944 following damage sustained on operations. In November 1946, MJ271 had the fuselage code letters of H-8 and later 3W-8 with an all silver colour scheme, as it was transferred to the Royal Netherlands Air Force and delivered to 322 Sqdn, Twenthe AFB. In June 1949, it went to Fokker, Schipol Airport for a major overhaul and then back to Twenthe AFB in February 1951. In August 1951, H-8 moved to Soesterberg AFB and flew for the last time in September 1953 and struck off charge in June 1954. H-8 remained in the care of 313 Sqdn at Volkel AFB and was used as an airfield decoy.
With the serial TA-26 now on the cowling, H-8 was moved in 1959 to Delfzijl and exhibited outside on top of the War Museum there. In April 1973, it was moved to Den Haag and the Anthony Fokker Technical School based there for restoration to static display. March 1978 and H-8 was transferred to the Aviodome Museum, Amsterdam-Schipol, and later Lelystad Airfield when the museum moved, with the restoration completed in 1982. Now repainted in dark green upper surfaces and light blue undersides, it was displayed as ‘H-53/MH424’, No 322 Sqn, as used in the Dutch East Indies. In 2006, a deal was arranged between ARCo and the Aviodome Museum and ‘H-53/MH424’ would be exchanged for the remains of Fairey Firefly SE-CAU held by ARCo. ‘H-53/MH424’ duly arrived at Duxford by road with the Firefly going the other way. After a short time on display in Hangar 3 and outside on the flight line for the 70th Anniversary Spitfire Air Show at Duxford in 2006, ‘H-53/MH424’ was later dismantled and in May 2007 moved into storage pending restoration to flying condition by HFL.